Launching your Ning site and pointing your domain to it will require completing two basic steps: creating an account in Ning’s system and making corresponding DNS settings to your domain.
To enjoy Ning’s services you should choose the account type that fits you most and sign up with the system first.
Point your domain to Ning make A and CNAME records:
- Log in to your account with DomainName and go to Domains > My Domains menu;
- Click NS button and check if the domain is pointed to DomainName default name servers: ns1.domainname.com, ns2.domainname.com and ns3.domainname.com.
If you use custom name servers and thus the domain is served by a third-party DNS-provider, then to make the settings you will have to go to your DNS-provider's account and follow their instructions. To make the necessary settings from your DomainName account you will need to point the domain to the default name servers.
- If you use the default name servers, please click DNS button on My Domains page:
- Fill in the line @ (domain without WWW): indicate the IP address "188.8.131.52" in the "Address" field and choose "A (Address)" record type;
- Save the changes;
- In the line www (domain with WWW) indicate your Ning address without "http://" (e.g. yourdomain.ning.com) in the "Address" field. Choose "CNAME" as the record type and click the Save Changes button.