Shopify is a website builder for online stores. It offers several packages starting from $29 per month and also provides free 30 days trial. Setup is free but you will need to choose the appropriate package and to pay for it in order to use all the opportunities which this website builder provides to the customers. All Shopify pakcages go with unlimited ecommerce hosting. Creating online store here you will be able to store information about your orders, customers, and products as well as to manage your own blog.
To tie the domain with the created website you need to make the following DNS records to your DomainName account:
- Log in to DomainName account;
- Go to Domains > My Domains;
- Click DNS button:
Please note that if your domain is pointed to third-party nameservers you will be redirected to the following page where you will be able to switch to our default nameservers:
If you want to stay on third-party nameservers you should make the mentioned below settings in the account with your DNS provider;
- In the line @ (domain without WWW) choose "A (Address)" from the "Record Type" menu and enter "184.108.40.206" in the "Address" field;
- In the line www (domain with WWW) choose "CNAME" record type and enter “YourStoreName.myshopify.com” in the "Address" field.
If you use our hosting nameservers you can make the same A and CNAME records in cPanel using Simple DNS Zone Editor option.
Additionally you need to add the domain in Shopify admin area:
- go to Settings > Domains menu:
- click Add a domain button:
- choose Add an existing domain option. Enter your domain name with www, for example, www.yourdomainname.com and click Add domain:
Please visit Shopify website for more information.
Here are several links for the client about Shopify: