In order to set MX record for your domain, please do the following:
- Log in to your account with us;
- Click on Domains > My Domains;
- Click on DNS button:
- Enter @ in Host Name field if you wish to set MX record for the naked domain or subdomain name if you wish it to be created to subdomain, choose MX (Mail) from the drop-down menu and enter the mailserver name in the Address field;
- Click Save changes;
Important: please enter a period after the mailserver name. In case it is not added, it will be consdered to be a subdomain of the domain which you are setting MX for.
1) You need to point the domain example.com to mail.yourhost.com mailserver.
@ | MX (Mail) | mail.yourhost.com. (with period after mailserver)
2) You need to point staff.example.com to mail.yourhost.com mailserver (you will be able to create emails like firstname.lastname@example.org).
staff | MX (Mail) | mail.yourhost.com. (with period after mailserver)
Important: MX record can be set from our side only if the domain is pointed to our default nameservers, which are the following: